Why is cultural accessibility important for museums and art galleries? Which are its main characteristics? And how to achieve it?
Those are the questions on the focus of our international project – “CURABILITY – Cultural Accessibility” (2021-1-ES01-KA220-ADU-000030420).
As part of it, we developed a series of learning resources on the topics of Cultural Accessibility and its different aspects. You can find them on the project website at www.curability.eu
But if you like to enrich your knowledge on the topic, we created an additional material, which can serve as an extension to the module “How to design a virtually accessible art exhibition”
There, you can find practical tips and other useful information about:
- Еxamples of where to virtually present an accessible art exhibition.
- Тhe biggest mistakes in digitalisation and ensuring virtual accessibility of exhibitions.
- Кey components of a successful online exhibition.
- Helpful tutorials of software programmes and tools to design and create a virtual art or museum exhibition.
- Examples of free and open-source tools how to develop a virtual exhibition or digital archives and collections.
- A step-by-step guide on how to design a virtually accessible art exhibition.
As well as:
- Some additional reading on the topic.
- Practical exercises to test your knowledge.
The project “CURABILITY – Cultural Accessibility” (2021-1-ES01-KA220-ADU-000030420) is funded by the Erasmus + Programme of the EU, through the Spanish National Agency.
This project has been co-funded with support from the European Commission. This publication reflects the views only of the author, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.